As I am new to blogging and also have a business to run, I thought it would be a good idea to take some advice from the experts and get myself organised.
But first I thought you might like to see a list of the bloggers posts that I found helpful:
- Advice from Ashley at Sweetpea lifestyle http://www.sweetpea-lifestyle.com/2014/01/blog-planning-like-pro.html
- Advice from Melyssa atthe Nectar Collective http://thenectarcollective.com/organize-plan-blog-posts/
- Advice from A Beautiful Mess http://www.abeautifulmess.com/2012/10/trade-secrets-how-we-plan-and-manage-blog-posts.html
- Advice and a free printable from Melissa at A Virtuous Women http://avirtuouswoman.org/free-blog-planner/
- Advice from Valérie and Anne-Sophie at Moonlit Stories http://www.moonlitstories.com/2015/08/free-printable-weekly-blog-planner.html
- Designer Blogs is a blog design studio they have made a free printable blog planner for you to download http://www.designerblogs.com/printable-blog-planner-kit/ or http://www.designerblogs.com/free-monthly-blogger-template-september/
Planning must haves
- desirable calendar
- coloured sticky notes or post-its
- coloured pens
Top tips from the experts:
- Constant Brain Storming: spend time each day making a list of what you think would be a good blog post and what would not.
- put the list onto colour coordinated sticky notes
- have the post photographed, written and scheduled a couple days in advance
- its easy to loose track of time on Pinterest so set a time limit
- get an editorial calendar plug in
- carry a notebook everywhere or use Evernote
- have general themes for your blog and stick to them
- keep in mind when your site is the busiest
- talk to people about your ideas
- Adjust When Life Happens. No matter how good at planning you get, sometimes things have to get shuffled around.
What are your favorite ways to plan ahead for your blog??