This morning I decided to try out some new recipes, inspired by some of the books I have been reading about India. Normally the recipes I have tried have included cream or yoghurt so today I wanted to try something which used just water and the juices of the tomatoes. Ive not tasted it yet but is smells delicious!
Chicken curry with tomato and onion gravy
|Garam masala powder||1||Teaspoons|
|Chopped mint and coriander leaves (each)||1/2||Bunch|
- Dice the onions, tomatoes and chicken
- Fry the onion once translucent add the chicken until browned.
- Add the chopped tomatoes
- Sprinkle with the child powder, coriander powder, cumin and turmeric.
- Mix thoroughly
- Add 1 cup of water and allow to simmer on a gentle hear for 20 minutes stir the mixture occassionally
At this stage mine looked like this:
- once the tomatoes have reduced down add a little more water the garam masala and the chopped mint and coriander.
I also made Gobi Aloo:
For this I used the recipe on Veg recipes of India